Sign up for the Accessible Faith Initiative!
We would love to have you join us in promoting autism awareness, acceptance and inclusion at your place of worship! Our desire is for every person with autism to have a local place of worship that is accessible for them and their family. Together, we can make this happen, one place of worship at a time!
You might be wondering how you can join our efforts. Here’s how!
- Choose a date and activity for autism awareness month in April. We have a list of activities to choose from, but you are welcome to choose your own. Some ideas include: sharing facts about autism in the announcements, creating a bulletin board or display table, and more! We have templates available, so you don’t have to do much work!
- Get approval from church leadership and pick a Person of Contact (POC). We communicate with the POC to provide support and guidance.
- Have fun during your activity! Be creative and get the congregation involved.
- Take pictures of your activity in progress and count all participants.
- After your activity, email your pictures to us, along with your responses to a short evaluation form.
Click here if you have additional questions! We will respond back to your question as soon as we can!
If you are good to go and ready to join us, please fill out the form below!