It’s that time again! April will be here before we know it and it’s time to start recruiting for the Accessible Faith Initiative! We would love for you to join us in spreading autism awareness!
Every year in April, we encourage places of worship to do at least one activity for Autism Awareness Month that promotes awareness, acceptance and inclusion. We are especially thankful for the 35 churches that have participated in years past! This will be our SIXTH year hosting this event and we are so excited to continue this important work!
You might be thinking, that sounds great, but how do I participate? Here’s how:
Ways to Participate
- Choose an activity that can be done in person or virtually at your place of worship. Need help choosing ideas? No problem! We have a list of activities that you can choose from that best fit the needs of your place of worship.
- Get approval from leadership to participate.
- Pick a person of contact that will communicate with us about your participation.
- Sign up here to participate! We will be sure to get back with you!
- Join our private Facebook Group for opportunities for networking, special giveaways, and additional learning. We will also be hosting several webinars in April. Details are coming soon!
- Tell us your activity idea by March 15, 2021! If you need assistance with your activity, we will be happy to help!
- Be creative with your activity and get the entire congregation involved! Do your activity anytime during the month of April.
- Tell us how your activity went! Share pictures if possible.
- Fill out a short evaluation form about your experience participating in the initiative!
Events From Previous Years
Here’s a look at our previous events in 2019 and 2020. COVID-19 had a huge impact on our 2020 events, but we were still able to press forward with our mission! We hope that you will join us in 2021! Sign up here!