Disability Ministry Resources Just For You!
Are you interested in starting a disability ministry, but are unsure of where to start? Well, you’ve come to the right place! We have some resources available for you, ranging from recommended books and infographics, to assessments and videos. Check out the resources below and be sure to let us know what you think!
- Parenting Children with Disabilities – Join us as we talk with Salina Miller, Patricia Parker and Charisse (Nikki) Montgomery about their new book, We Dare Be Brave: African American Moms and the Emotional Journey of Raising Children with Disabilities. You will be encouraged by their journey and diverse perspectives!
- Disability and the Church – We interviewed Dr. Lamar Hardwick to discuss his book, Disability and the Church: A Vision for Diversity and Inclusion. Dr. Hardwick shared valuable wisdom as a Pastor and as an autistic self-advocate. You don’t want to miss this interview!
- How to Have a Successful IEP Meeting – This webinar empowered parents to effectively advocate for the education of their child with a disability! Danzella Watts and Ava Thompson of Simply Put-In-It, LLC were our guest panelists. These consultants have over 20 years of experience in special education and were very helpful with the advice they shared! Tune in!
- How to Start a Disability Ministry – Sandra Peoples and Jillian Palmiotto shared best practices for starting a disability ministry! If you are interested in starting a disability ministry at your place of worship, be sure to watch this webinar first!
This series of videos were part of a webinar that we had with Dr. Lamar Hardwick as we discussed his book, Disability and the Church: A Vision for Diversity and Inclusion.
Take this 10 question quiz to assess how inclusive you are as a person of faith towards autistic people and their families! It should take less than five minutes. Helpful tips are included with your results at the end!
- Special Needs Advocate Highlight: Salina Miller
- 5 Steps to Help Autistic Adults Feel Welcome in Your Church
- Special Needs Ministry Highlight: First Baptist Church of Glenarden
- Special Needs Ministry Highlight: Reid Temple AME Church
If there is a resource you need that you didn’t see, please let us know. We may be able to connect you with someone or a ministry that specializes in that area. We will be updating this page regularly, so be sure to check back for new content!