We are excited to announce that we will be launching a new initiative called Manna from Heaven! Through this initiative, we will provide gift cards for autism families in need of funds for food during the Thanksgiving holidays. Manna from Heaven is made possible by our generous donors who supported our first giving campaign!
The name, Manna from Heaven, comes from the Bible and is explained in Exodus 16. God provided manna for the Israelites when they were hungry and in need. Today, the expression is used to refer to unexpected help or assistance that comes at a time when needed most. We desire for this initiative to be a blessing to those in need!
Who can apply?
- Autistic persons
- Parents or guardians of a person with autism that lives in their home.
When do I apply?
- We will start taking applications on November 8, 2021 at 8am EST. Please do not apply before this time. Applications received before November 8, 2021 at 8am EST will be disqualified.
- We will take applications until we have reached 20 recipients. We will not accept applications after we have reached our limit since available funds are limited.
How do I apply?
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Tell us the name, address and phone number of a grocery store in your local area. The grocery store must primarily sell food. Please do not include stores like Walmart or Target.
- Provide proof of an autism diagnosis. This can be in the form of an IEP or document from a healthcare provider.
How do you choose recipients?
- We will choose the first 20 completed applications. All information must be included at the time of your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Those selected will receive an email verifying that they have been chosen. Recipients will have 24 hours to reply via email or another person will be chosen.
- Those chosen will receive a $50 gift card to the grocery store of their choice.
- Only one recipient will be chosen per household.
- All recipients must live in the continental United States of America.
What else do I need to know?
We will only use your information for verification purposes. We will not sell, rent or share your information with others. Please do not apply if you do not have a financial need because it may hinder someone who is truly in need.
Once again, we would like to thank our generous donors for making this initiative possible. It is a true blessing to be able to help others during this holiday season. Please feel free to share this post with others!