We are excited to announce that it’s time for Cheerful Giving! This initiative provides sensory supports for autistic adults and children during the holiday season. Sensory supports can be very helpful for learning, relieving stress, reducing anxiety, and so much more! It’s our desire to be a blessing to autistic persons who may have challenges with sensory needs during this time of year.
Here is some information on how to apply for our 2022 Cheerful Giving Initiative.
Who can apply?
- Autistic persons
- Parents or guardians of an autistic person who lives in their home.
When can I apply?
- We will start taking applications on Monday, December 5, 2022 at 8am EST. Please do not apply early. Applications received before December 5, 2022 at 8am EST will not be accepted.
- We will accept 50 participants with completed and approved applications.
How do I pick out the sensory supports?
We have created an Amazon wishlist with items that you can choose from. Each person is allowed to choose up to $50 worth of items on the list.
Applicants are allowed to choose different colors or sizes than the item listed if that option is available. Inclusion of these items on the wishlist is not an endorsement of the product’s effectiveness, quality, or safety. It also does not imply any affiliation, endorsement or association of any kind between the vendor, Amazon, and Autism Faith Network, Inc.
What are some items on the list?
- Fidget toys
- Projector Lamps
- Weighted blankets
- Bean Bags
- Puzzles and Mazes
- Calming tools
- Handwriting aids
- Sound machines
- and more!
There are over 200 items on the wishlist, so please be sure to review the whole list to ensure you find the best item(s). While we encourage you to choose items off the wishlist, you are also free to choose any item from Amazon that meets the above requirements and costs less than $50.00.
How do I apply?
- Send an email to: email@example.com.
- In the Subject Line, put Cheerful Giving Application.
- In the message, include your name, accurate mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Provide proof of an autism diagnosis. A document from a healthcare provider showing an autism diagnosis can be provided as proof. Parents, if you provide an IEP, the IEP must say that your child is autistic.
- Choose your sensory items from our Amazon Wishlist or another item from Amazon that meets the required criteria.
- Tell us the name of each item.
- Provide a link for each item.
- Your items added together cannot cost more than $50.00.
- We may contact you and ask you to choose another item if your item does not meet the criteria, the pricing changes to more than $50.00, or if your items are no longer available.
What else do I need to know?
- Your information will only be used for verification purposes. We will not sell, rent or share your information with others.
- All applicants must live in the continental United States of America.
- Several autistic persons from the same household may apply, pending the availability of funds.
- We will accept and approve applications on a first come, first served basis.
- We will not hold a spot for incomplete applications.
- While we would love for the items to arrive prior to Christmas, we are not responsible for any shipping or delivery delays.
- All purchases are final. We will not do any returns or exchanges. We are not responsible for the quality or safety of items you have chosen.
- Medication or essential oil purchases are not allowed.
- Participants will be added to our email list so that you can stay updated with our upcoming events!
- You may be asked to complete a short survey to share your experience with the Cheerful Giving Initiative.
Our 2022 Cheerful Giving initiative is made possible by our amazing donors. This year, we are able to help 50 people, which is more than DOUBLE the number of people that we helped in 2021! It’s a blessing to be a blessing, especially during the holiday season!
Feel free to share information about Cheerful Giving with any autistic person who can benefit from these resources. We are looking forward to December 5th!
Inclusion of an item on the wishlist is not an endorsement of the product’s effectiveness, quality, or safety. It also does not imply any affiliation, endorsement or association of any kind between the vendor, Amazon, and Autism Faith Network, Inc.
By participating in Cheerful Giving, you agree to release the Autism Faith Network from any liability or claim with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the item you chose for Cheerful Giving. We, the Participant and the Guardian, Release and forever discharge and hold harmless Autism Faith Network and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in this initiative with the Autism Faith Network, including claims arising out of negligence.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.