It’s almost time for the 2022 Accessible Faith Initiative! Every year in April, we host a variety of activities and events to promote autism awareness, acceptance and inclusion in faith-based communities! Read below for our plans for this year’s Accessible Faith Initiative.
Autism Awareness Month begins on April 1st, but we want to make sure that we start our Accessible Faith Initiative off right!
- We will be hosting a prayer session on Sunday, March 27th at 4:00pm! We will be praying for autistic persons and their families, faith-based communities, and our nonprofit organization. If you would like to join us, please send us an email to get additional details.
We will be hosting a series of webinars throughout the month of April! Sign-ups will begin on April 1st! Be on the lookout for more details soon!
- How to Start a Disability Ministry will be held on Tuesday, April 12th at 1:00pm EST. Our guest panelists will be Jillian Palmiotto and Sandra Peoples! You will be able to join us live via Zoom or Facebook.
- Finding Balance and Support as a Caregiver will be held on Saturday, April 23rd at 1:00pm EST. Stephanie White and Henry Hayes will be sharing their advice on how to advocate for your loved one and take care of yourself too!
- How to Have a Successful IEP Meeting will focus on helping those with autism thrive in the education system. Danzella Watts and Ava Thompson-Assam of Simply Put-In-It, LLC will be our guest panelists. The date is TBD.
A New Resource Hub
We have partnered with CareContent, Inc. to provide new faith-based resources, which includes an infographic, an inclusion assessment for your place of worship, and a special series of videos. It will launch on April 1st!
Sensory Toolkits for Faith Communities
Places of worship that tag and share information about the Autism Faith Network on social media will be entered into a giveaway for a sensory toolkit! Due to the generous support of our donors, we will be giving away at least 20 sensory toolkits for places of worship! Details soon to follow!
A New Logo
It is with great joy that we reveal our new logo to you! A heartfelt thank you goes out to Graham Nash of Grilljam, LLC for helping us come up with this design. Our website and social media pages are in the process of being updated with the new logo, so things will be looking different soon. In April, we will share more about the concept behind the logo.
We will be hosting a giving campaign throughout the month of April. If you would like to support the work that we do, you can contribute in three different ways:
- Option 1: Donate via Paypal Giving Fund. Here’s the link to our nonprofit: https://paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/4356082
- Option 2: Mail a check to: Autism Faith Network, Inc., P.O. Box 73122, Newnan, GA 30271
- Option 3: Do you order from Amazon on a regular basis? If so, make us your AmazonSmile Charity! Every bit helps! Here’s our charity link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-4975452
This is our 7th time hosting the Accessible Faith Initiative! View details about our 2021 event!
We are so excited about the 2022 Accessible Faith Initiative, and we hope you are too! We will be back soon to give you more details! Make sure you subscribe to our email list and follow us on social media so that you don’t miss out!
I’m interested in information my kids have sensory to noise and colors