Cheerful Giving is a new initiative that will provide sensory toys for autistic persons during the Christmas season! We know how helpful sensory toys can be for learning, relieving stress, reducing anxiety and so much more. It is our pleasure to assist families needing help with purchasing these items!
Who can apply?
- Autistic persons
- Parents or guardians of a person with autism that lives in their home.
When can I apply?
- We will start taking applications on Monday, November 29, 2021 at 8am EST. Please do not apply early. Applications received before November 29, 2021 at 8am EST will be disqualified.
- We will take applications until funds are no longer available.
Where can I find sensory toys?
You can find sensory toys at a variety of stores. Here are a few places you can choose from. Please know that we reserve the right to reject any item that does not fit the qualifications of being a sensory toy.
- National Autism Resources
- Fun and Function
- Amazon’s Sensory Store
- The Sensory Kids Store
- Therapy Shoppe
- Autism Community Store
Please know that inclusion of these stores is not an endorsement of their products or business.
What are some items that may be eligible?
- Fidget toys
- Projector Lamps
- Weighted toys, clothing, blankets and backpacks
- Adaptive clothing
- Puzzles and Mazes
- Calming tools
- Handwriting aids
If you have any questions about whether an item is eligible, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply?
- Send an email to: email@example.com.
- In the Subject Line, put Cheerful Giving Application.
- In the message, include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Choose three sensory toys. You are asked to choose three in case some of the items are unavailable. You may rank these items in order of your preference.
- Tell us the name of each item.
- Provide a link for each item. It must be available for purchase online.
- Each item must cost less than $50.
- We will pick one of the items and have it delivered to you. We may contact you and ask you to choose another item if it does not fit the qualifications or if your items are no longer available.
- Provide proof of an autism diagnosis. This can be in the form of an IEP or document from a healthcare provider.
What else do I need to know?
- Your information will only be used for verification purposes. We will not sell, rent or share your information with others.
- All applicants must live in the continental United States of America.
- Several autistic persons from the same household may apply, pending the availability of funds.
- We will accept applications on a first come, first served basis.
- We cannot hold a spot for incomplete applications.
- While we would love for the items to arrive prior to Christmas, we are not responsible for any shipping or delivery delays.
- All purchases are final. We will not do any returns or exchanges. We are not responsible for the quality of items chosen from your list.
- Medication or essential oils purchases are not allowed.
- All applicants will be added to our email list so that you can stay updated with our upcoming events!
Our board of directors would like to thank our amazing donors for helping to make our Cheerful Giving initiative possible! It’s a blessing to be a blessing, especially during the holiday season. Please tell anyone you know that can benefit from this initiative. Help us to spread the word!
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.